Invisalign – East Longmeadow
An Image-Friendly Solution for a Straighter Smile
Plenty of adults want to do something about their crooked teeth, but the most well-known treatment – traditional metal braces – can be unappealing; the metal brackets and wires can make you self-conscious about your appearance, and there’ll be limits on what you can eat during the process, which can last two or three years. At EMA Dental, we offer Invisalign in East Longmeadow as an aesthetically superior solution that can discreetly give you the smile you deserve.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign – also known as clear braces – employs a series of clear plastic aligning trays. They’re custom-made from impressions of your teeth in order to make slight adjustments over time. Each tray is worn for about two weeks before moving on to the next one. The trays can be taken out at any time, but you’ll need to wear them for at least 22 hours a day. After 8 to 18 months, you’ll see a dramatic change in the alignment of your teeth.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Every patient is in a different situation, and while Invisalign’s removable nature can make it a very attractive option, it’s not suitable for everyone. In general, teens and adults who are able to strictly follow instructions from their dentist in Longmeadow are better candidates for Invisalign than young children who are prone to taking out their trays too often or forgetting to follow the schedule.
Invisalign can be used to correct:
- Slightly overlapping teeth
- Teeth that are in the wrong position
- Minor underbites, overbites, open bites, and crossbites
- Overcrowded teeth
That said, Invisalign can’t be used to treat all forms of misalignment. We’ll examine the state of your oral health to help you determine the best course of action.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are many reasons why we recommend Invisalign to patients:
- See-through aligners: Many people won’t be able to tell you’re wearing the trays. You’ll be able to speak and smile in public with confidence while your teeth are being corrected!
- Comfort: The trays are made of smooth plastic and fit comfortably in your teeth. No need to worry about any metal wires poking you in the gums!
- Eat What You Want: Unlike braces, Invisalign can be taken out. You can eat all of your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your oral appliance.
- Great for Oral Hygiene: Keeping your Invisalign trays clean is easy; after removing them, just rinse and clean them gently with your toothbrush. Regular brushing and flossing is also much simpler.
Ready to Start?
If you’re interested in Invisalign or other forms of cosmetic dentistry, schedule a consultation with us today!