Nobody likes to have stained teeth, whether the cause is one too many cups of coffee or taking tetracycline when you were young. Fortunately, there are many whitening options at our Refresh Whitening Spa at EMA Dental — from in-office treatments to at-home whitening kits.
The tooth whitening process of your choice, however, should be based on the underlying cause of your tooth discoloration. Here are the reasons for tooth discoloration.
- Genetics. Some people are born with enamel that is thinner than normal. The teeth appear more yellow due to the underlying dentin.
- Certain medical conditions such as extreme cases of fluorosis and certain types of fungal infections. Improper development of the enamel may also be a result of amelogenesis or dentinogenesis.
- Use of certain medications such as tetracycline use during pregnancy (this affects the child rather than the mother) and early childhood. Certain antihistamines and antidepressants have also been shown to cause tooth discoloration.
- Poor dental hygiene (brushing, flossing, regular dental cleanings)
- Chronic smoking
- Certain foods such as coffee, wine, tea and dark-colored sodas
Tooth Whitening at EMA Dental’s Refresh Whitening Spa
Our Refresh Whitening Spa at EMA Dental offers different whitening options. You can opt for our relaxing in-office whitening, or you can utilize our home whitening kits. Our team will help you select the best option for you discoloration.