People hear about dental bonding, but since most people only really know two “bonds” — James and jail — there may be a need for enlightenment.
Dental bonding uses resin, a plastic-like material, to remedy a variety of dental issues. Bonding is used when a tooth needs a large cavity filled, to correct gaps, even fix the appearance of crooked teeth. Bonding can be used in lieu of more expensive treatments such as porcelain veneers.
Bonding can be used to:
- Restore decayed teeth
- Fill cracks and repair chips in teeth
- Permanently fill gaps between teeth
- Brighten heavily discolored teeth
- Replace certain types of fillings
- Protect the teeth when gums recede
- Improve symmetry of the teeth
- Hold veneers and crowns
There are three pretty groovy reasons to consider bonding.
- Price — Bonding can be used in place of more expensive options such as crowns, precious metal fillings, and veneers. A talented dentist can achieve similar results with bonding.
- Simplicity — Bonding is done right in our office, and usually in just one appointment. No waiting for lab fabrication or downtime.
- No pain — Because bonding material is applied to your teeth, there is no need for anesthesia.
At EMA Dental, we are bonding experts, so when keep it in mind the next time you need to have some work done.