NORTHAMPTON, EAST LONGMEADOW AND SPRINGFIELD, MASSACHUSETTS —
When it comes to your options for a straighter smile, traditional braces and invisible braces probably come to mind. What you may not know, though, is that the alignment of your teeth can also be improved with the help of porcelain veneers.
“Depending on the results they desire and the current state of their smile, many patients who desire straighter teeth are not limited to traditional treatment options like clear braces,” said Dr. Lisa Emirzian, a cosmetic specialist and dentist at EMA Dental in Springfield, MA. “There are a number of advantages for both and dentists can help to determine what the best treatment is depending on individual goals.”
Veneers are facings that are composed of either composite or porcelain tooth-colored materials. Porcelain veneers are used more often than composite veneers at cosmetic dental practices like EMA Dental because they last longer. They are bonded to the front of teeth, and used to change their size, shape and color. Porcelain veneers can also be utilized to bridge gaps and correct misalignment.
Invisalign, on the other hand, changes the actual alignment of teeth. It can be used for minor to severe cases. The following are five reasons why some patients in Amherst choose porcelain veneers over Invisalign:
- Porcelain veneers can improve the color, shape and size of your teeth in addition to aligning them.
- Your desired results can be achieved quicker with porcelain veneers. Invisalign treatments usually span six to 12 months.
- Porcelain veneers can strengthen your teeth that are weak due to fillings and other oral issues.
- Veneers are virtually painless.
- You will have to wear a retainer after your Invisalign treatment is complete, whereas porcelain veneers require no follow-up and can last as long as 15 years with proper care and maintenance.
If you desire a straighter smile, talk to your local cosmetic dentist before choosing a treatment option. Professional cosmetic specialists like Dr. Emirzian have the experience necessary to assess the current state of your smile and recommend the treatment option that is best for you. To learn more about Invisalign, porcelain veneers and other cosmetic procedures, like dental implants, call EMA Dentaltoday.
© 2013 Sinai Marketing and EMA Dental group. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that EMA Dental group and Sinai Marketing are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this article is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.